Spring tutoring begins January 13
Welcome to the Academic Support Center where learning is our priority. We're now in Odum Library.
Come see our new space in Odum Library!
These successful undergrads can help you to be successful. Please call our office or go into the MyVSU portal for the tutoring schedule.
Supporting Academic Success
Come early, come often for free tutoring!
Friendly and supportive
Good work is hard and we can help.
Come see us in our new space in Odum Library!
Welcome to the Academic Support Center
DUE TO COVID-19, ALL TUTORING SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED ONLINE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Find tutors by subject using the Find Your Tutor page.
We offer the following services to VSU students and the community.
- Peer Tutoring: We provide FREE one-on-one and small group tutoring for undergraduate courses for VSU students, as well as writing assistance for graduate students. Tutoring is available for most core courses and some upper-division courses. To schedule sessions with a peer tutor, stop by the ASC in Odum Library, or call (229) 333-7570.
- Online Tutoring for VSU students through BlazeVIEW. If you are an online student, need help in courses for which the ASC does not offer tutoring, during hours in which we are not open, or if we have no face to face appointments available in time, consider making an online tutoring appointment. We have partnered with ThinkingStorm, a leader in online tutoring resources for college students, and will be offering 24/7 access to online tutoring through ThinkingStorm. You can access it by:
Log-into your MyVSU portal. On the list of portals, click BlazeVIEW. Then click on any class tile you have listed.
On the 'Resources' tab, click 'Free Tutoring'. On the right-hand side, click the yellow 'Start Now' button for online only appointments. The red button is for in-person appointment during our posted office hours.
- Supplemental Instruction: We embed students who have excelled in particular courses in sections of these classes in subsequent semesters. They conduct peer assisted study sessions for the course. The majority of our supported courses are introductory science and social science course super sections. Many are also supported by a First Year Learning Community (FLC).
- Workshops: Role/Time Management, Goal Setting, Communication/Coping Skills and more. (To learn more about the workshops, please click on the link.
- Community Tutoring: We provide tutoring to the community for a reasonable fee. To schedule sessions with a community tutor, please click on the link provided to learn more about the tutors available, then click on their names to find times that meet your needs.
- Technology Assistance: We can provide assistance with many technology concerns such as the use of Microsoft Office Suite products. Call our office for a tutoring appointment
- Standardized Exam Assistance: We provide one on one tutoring for many of the most popular standardized exams including GRE, GMAT, GACE, TEAS and others. Please call our office for a tutoring appointment
- Looking for Business course tutoring? Call the Student Advising Center at 249-2624 or visit Thaxton Hall 3rd Floor: https://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/business/student-advising-center/tutoring-center.php
For those currently working with the Academic Support Center, or interested in working with us.
Odum Library, 2nd floor
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698 (next to Circulation)
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Mon-Thur: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm