New and Improved Banner
Banner 9 Web is now Live!
Introducing the New MyVSU!
Experience a new and engaging MyVSU portal designed with YOU in mind.
Welcome BLAZERS! Learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Be Connected. Be Engaged.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
Technology Services & Resources
IT Services Scheduled Maintenances & Notices
Server outages have been resolved. For further help please contact the Solution Center at (229) 245 - 4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What: Maintenance on classroom Kramer Units
When: Tuesday, September 10, 6am – 8am
User Impact: None or limited
Support: If you do experience an issue in using a Kramer unit after the maintenance has been completed, please contact VSU Solutions Center.
All Students & Employees
- 2FA: Log in to your VSU accounts using two-factor authentication
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Is a collection of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography (e.g., Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator).
- Kramer & Extron Guide: Active Classroom guides and resources
Printing: Card-swipe printers
- North Campus Technical Response Unit: Tech support and resources
- Event Management System: Event reservation system
File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
MyDocs to OneDrive Migration: V:\mydocs decommission
OneDrive: Microsoft cloud storage
Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- Blazer Guardian App: Public safety app available for Android and Apple devices
VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & Student Organizations
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
VSU Solutions Center
Announcements & Media
The Banner system will be unavailable during this maintenance window: Saturday, August 31st from 10PM through Midnight. Thank you for your cooperation!!
Banner Web Services Upgrade
On May 30, we will release a new and improved version of the Banner Web Services application! Banner 9 is a complete overhaul of the current Banner 8 version. This major upgrade will provide enhanced navigation and process management tools along with a noticeable, modern-looking interface designed to improve the experience for Students, Faculty, and Staff.
The MyVSU Portal (Beta)
This past fall, we launched a completely new and updated version of the MyVSU Portal. Many of you provided valuable feedback on how could improve the look and function of the portal. As a result we ask that you test a beta version of the suggested changes and provide even more feedback.
Valdosta State implemented the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB)
VSB helps you to create a schedule based on the courses and times that work best for you. This real-time class scheduling tool arranges your selected courses into conflict-free timetables and displays them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
For more information and guidance, visit the Office of the Registrar's site
The new Ellucian Banner 9 Admin Pages will be deployed on October 22, 2018.
Replacing the current Banner 8 Forms (INB) version, Banner 9 Admin Pages will deliver noticeable improvements:
- a modern user interface
- enhanced navigation and process management tools
- new functionality across the student, HR and finance utilities, and
- the ability to run from a variety of web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) and mobile devices (tablets and phones)
- The 2018 Division of Information Annual Report is now published. The report highlights several impactful projects completed during the 2017-2018 fiscal year, upcoming projects, and the staff within IT that help make the VState experience possible.
- VSU WiFi Upgrade: The Division of Information Technology is proud to announce that, while supporting over 3.2 million square feet of coverage, we have increased the bandwidth for the campus residential network by 150% (from 2 gigabits per second to 5). This increase will provide faster and more reliable connectivity for academic and residential needs while also adding support for high-definition (HD) media streaming and increased simultaneous connections.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
Check here for current IT employment opportunities!
Students apply at Blazer Briefcase Portal (Create an account if you haven’t already.)
Connect with #VStateIT
Twitter | Facebook | VSU IT Blog
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm