ID Photo Submission
Please upload your photo at least 72 hours prior to attending your scheduled orientation. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your "valdosta.edu" email account (approvals, rejections, etc.). If your photo submission is rejected, you will not receive an ID at orientation.
If you are unsure of your MyVSU account information or need to reset your password, please visit the MyVSU Password Reset Utility.
Your initial VSU 1Card is free-of-charge; a $20.00 fee will be charged for all replacements.
Two (2) forms of identification are required in order to obtain a VSU 1Card (initial card and all replacements). The first must be a government-issued photo ID- driver's license, passport, military ID, or state-issued identification card; the second must be something with your name pre-printed on it (credit/debit card, insurance card, pay stub, etc.).
The VSU 1Card is used at on-campus/off-campus locations to identify the cardholder as the person to whom plans, privileges, access, and accounts have been assigned. If you cannot be clearly identified by the photo on your 1Card, services may be denied.
Submit an original photo for your 1Card. Photo should be driver's license/passport style and meet the following requirements:
- You must be facing forward with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- Do not tilt your head or shoulders
- Color JPEG photo taken within the last six (6) months
- Background must be solid, smooth, and light-colored (interior walls work best)
- No photos of another photo (do not submit a photo of a driver's license, passport, or any other printed photograph)
- Stand approximately three (3) feet from the camera
- No photos taken outdoors or in your car
- Photo must be of you only- no other people, pets, props, etc.
- No filters of any kind
- No copyright photos (those made by a professional photographer, including proofs)
- Eyes must be open and completely visible (make sure that your hair does not obstruct the view of your face in any way)
- Lighting must equally highlight both sides of your face
- No hats, non-prescription glasses, hair accessories, headphones/earbuds/bluetooth devices, or other items that obscure the view of your face
Example of Acceptable Photo Submission:
Unacceptable Photo Submissions:
- Photo is taken from too far away or too close
- Your head and shoulders are not facing forward
- Photo shows more than the top of the shoulders to the top of the head
- Your hair is obstructing the view of your face
- Pets, hands, other people/objects are visible in the photo
- Photo is too light or too dark
- Background is not solid and light-colored
- A filter or digital effect was used
*South Georgia State College Students
South Georgia College Students must visit the VSU 1Card office to have their picture taken and 1Card made in person.
- Please make sure that you have your VSU ID number (9-digit number that begins with 870)
- Two (2) forms of identification are required in order to obtain a VSU 1Card. The first must be a government-issued photo ID- driver's license, passport, military ID, or state-issued identification card; the second must be something with your name pre-printed on it (credit/debit card, insurance card, pay stub, etc.).
**Students who are registered for online-only courses are not required to have a VSU 1Card. Please see the "Obtaining A 1Card" link on this website for additional information concerning an Online Student ID card.
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698