Obtaining a 1Card
The VSU 1Card is an official Georgia State Identification Card and as such, is governed under State of Georgia regulations and Homeland Security. Initial AND replacement cards require identity verification, which can only be done in-person at VSU 1Card Services.
- You must be registered for classes to obtain a student VSU 1Card.
- Everyone must present two (2) forms of identification to have a VSU 1Card made. The first form of identification must be a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport). The second form can be anything with your name pre-printed on it (such as a debit or credit card, insurance card, pay stub, etc.).
- New students receive their VSU 1Card during their scheduled orientation session if they have submitted a photo online using the ID Photo Submission steps.
- All other students and employees must visit our office in-person during normal business hours.
- Employees must first visit the VSU Human Resources Department to obtain the proper forms upon initial employment and for classification changes while employed at VSU.
- Everyone is required to pay a replacement fee of $20.00 for each additional card made. *Interdepartmental Replacements: if a supervisor agrees to pay the replacement fee for an employee, please present a completed Interdepartmental ID Replacement Form, with required approvals and account information, in-person at the VSU 1Card office. Two (2) forms of ID are required. If all fields on the form are not completed correctly, the employee replacement card will not be produced.
- The VSU 1Card is the property of Valdosta State University and can only be used by the person to whom the card is issued (non-transferable). The VSU 1Card will be confiscated if presented by anyone other than the cardholder.
Students who are registered for online-only courses are not required to have a VSU 1Card. Should an online-only student elect to receive a photo 1Card, the student must visit the 1Card Services office in-person to have a photo taken/card printed, and the current replacement card fee will apply. Two (2) forms of ID are required in order to obtain a new or replacement VSU 1Card (see section above for details).
Online-only students who are unable to visit the VSU 1Card Services office have the option to purchase an "Online Student ID" card for the current replacement fee plus $5.00 for postage. The Online Student ID card does not include a photo. This card only identifies that the student named is enrolled in a VSU online program. The card does not grant access to any VSU accounts, facilities, or privileges.
If there is already a photo VSU 1Card in the system for the student named, production of an Online Student ID card will not transfer any plans, privileges, or photo previously assigned.
The Online Student ID card will not be produced until payment has been processed in the student account in Banner.
To order an Online Student ID card, please complete the VSU 1Card Online Student ID form in Banner.
To avoid a hold being place in your student account in Banner, payment must be submitted promptly.
Processing the card may require a minimum of fourteen (14) business days AFTER PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698