Details/pricing for VSU meal plans and general dining operations questions (including hours of operation, promotions, coupons, and punch cards) should be directed to Blazer Dining.
Please contact the VSU 1Card Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions/concerns about the meal plan assigned to your account and associated charges; issues relating to adding/deleting/changing your meal plan; or if you experience problems when trying to access your meal plan via your 1Card. Email correspondence should be sent from your valdosta.edu email account and should include your VSU student I.D. number (870# on your 1Card) and as much detailed information as possible.
- If you live in a residence hall on the VSU campus, you are required to purchase a meal plan (refer to your copy of the Housing & Residence Life contract).
- Fall 2020 meal plan change deadline is Thursday, August 20th, at NOON (12 pm). No changes will be processed after the deadline.
- Dining Dollars roll from fall-to-spring semester only.
- At the end of spring and summer semesters, Dining Dollars balances of $10.00 or more will be credited to your student account in Banner.
- Unused meal swipes are forfeited at the end of each semester.
- Students are limited to three (3) meal plan changes per semester. You must submit changes in your student account in Banner before the meal plan change deadline.
- The meal plan change deadline is always scheduled for the first Thursday of the semester- during the first official week of classes- at NOON (12 pm).
- Summer Semesters: If you have an active room assignment for any residence hall during the summer, a meal plan is required. The required minimum plan for Centennial Hall residents is $200 Dining Dollars (CENT residents can upgrade); the required plan for residents in any other hall is the VSU Summer 56 plan (56 meal swipes plus $150 Dining Dollars).
- The deadline to change summer meal plans- if a change is allowed (based on the residence hall to which you are assigned)- is Thursday, June 11th at NOON (12 pm).
- When adding/changing your meal plan in your student account in Banner, click the "Submit Plan" button ONCE (double-clicking may cause issues with your student account balance in Banner and your meal plan privileges in the 1Card software).
All requests for information must be submitted in writing by the student (the account holder). If said student has given VSU permission to disclose account information to his/her parents via a "Student Records Release" form, parents may request information by email* as well (the release form and other important forms are located on the VSU Registrar's website). *The student should be copied on all correspondence.
On-Campus Food Purchases with Dining Dollars and FLEX Funds
When making food purchases at any of the dining locations on-campus (including the two markets), please specify from which account you would like to pay…Dining Dollars or FLEX. These are two separate accounts that are accessible via your VSU 1Card, and the payment process will be expedited if you inform the cashiers of your payment preference. Debit/credit cards and cash are accepted at most locations as well.
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698