Academic Year 2018-2019
Fall 2018 A Term Aug. 13 - Oct 5, 2018
Fall 2018 B Term Oct. 10 - Dec. 7, 2018
Spring 2019 A Term Jan. 14 - Mar. 8, 2019
Spring 2019 B Term Mar. 11 - May 10, 2019
Summer 2019 June 10 - July 25, 2019
New Student Information
Students attending Camden Center;
- Please remember that advisement for each semester is necessary prior to registration.
- Your advisor will complete an "Advisor Checklist" for your degree. Financial Aid (TA, VA or GI Bill) often requires an updated checklist each semester.
Registering for Classes
- You must be advised and have your academic flag lifted each semester. This will minimize errors at graduation time. Advisement is available anytime except during the days that we are registering.
- Click here for the schedule of classes
- Payments due at time of registration!
- If financial aid is not complete at time of registration students are responsible for payment and can be reimbursed by financial aid if eligible.
Students should know how much money they qualify for and will be awarded for the academic year before registering for courses.
It is important that students read and understand their obligations before using financial aid.
About Dropping and Withdrawing from Camden classes;
- Dropping a course can be completed on the student banner web account only during the first week of class, generally Monday - generally Thursday by 11:59 p.m. ** Check VSU calendar for dates!!
- Withdrawals must be completed via your student banner web account until Mid-Term (Week 4). Please check with advisors to make sure that you are within the proper time frame and if your financial aid will be affected by your decision to withdraw or drop a class. It is different from main campus' withdrawal deadline so make sure that you know the correct date for Camden.
How to Provide Feedback
SOI - Student Opinion of instruction
A motto for the Dewar College of Education is "Positively impacting learning through evidence-based practices." Your feedback is "evidence." VSU and the College of Education very much value your feedback on both the course and instructor, for which we provide the end-of-term SOI, or Student Opinion of Instruction form. We use the data collected with the SOI to inform the improvement of courses and the quality of instruction. The feedback can benefit you directly with the improvement of shared systems and related courses you may yet take. Improving the quality of the program and its graduates will have long term benefits for you with the reputation of your degree.
HOW: The data is reported anonymously and after your instructor has posted final grades. When prompted to do so at the end of the term, please take the time to fill out the online Student Opinion of Instruction form.
VSU students log in to Banner and select the SOI link, where you then select the appropriate course section.
Other forms of feedback are welcome...
If you have a more immediate concern regarding the network systems, the program, a course, an instructor, or any staff member, please feel free to contact the Director. We want to do all we can to support your learning.